Sunday, February 13, 2011

Telemachus Missing

I cannot believe that Telemachus has set out to look for his father. It was only a few days ago when we realized that Telemachus was nowhere to be found. We inquired about his whereabouts, and found that he had set sail not long before in search of the lost Odysseus. It seems to be a hopeless task, because Odysseus has missing for many, many years. He must be lost at sea, or off on some distant island being tortured by monsters. He has been gone for far too long, and it is highly unlikely that he is still alive. While Odysseus has been away, my chief goal has been to gain Penelope's favor. No matter how hard I try, she denies my requests. She even resorted to trickery, unraveling her weaving, to try to put of the day where she might have to choose one suitor. Even now she weeps for Telemachus, and will not speak with me. Alhough I doubt that Telemachus will be successful, if he does manage to find his father it will be disastrous  for me. Odysseus will most likely have me killed for trying to woo his wife. Therefore, I must go out to prevent Telemachus from finding Odysseus, lest I lose my own life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment